1) Student must be enrolled in a Moderate Intellectual Disability or Autism program.
2) Student must have completed 4 years at their local high school program.
3) Students with a history of aggressive or oppositional behaviors would not be considered candidates for the Transition Center.
4) Students who have significant health needs such as: bowel control issues, special feeding needs, seizures, physical stamina, or physical therapy that impacts a large portion of their day would not be considered candidates for the Transition Center.
5) Students who are cross programmed with a Moderate or Autism program in order to receive life skills instruction during their school day would be considered on a case-by-case basis.
6) Attendance at the Transition Center is important. A student can't benefit from the program if they are not here. Attendance will be a factor in determining enrollment at the Transition Center.
7) Students who participate in general education "academic" classes would not be considered appropriate candidates for the Transition Center.
8) If a student is assigned a one-on-one paraprofessional they would be considered on a case-by-case basis.